Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to filter space categories with Metadata Overview Macro?

Edited

Hi all,

I have been trying to filter each Space with a specific category/label in the Metadata Overview macro. I need this to be able to filter a specific set of metadata from all spaces within the specific Category/Label. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Sasha

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Sasha Ratner ,

like already mentioned by James, you can feel free to ask such things directly to us, the app vendor. That's even faster.

But for now, I think I'm able to help you:

Within the Metadata Overview Macro you are able to filter for the categories of Spaces. 

If you open the options in the Macro edit dialog, you'll see that you're able to use CQL for filtering: Expert filter criteria (CQL)

And so you're able to search by the space category.

Here some example CQL:

• space.category = development
  • space.category not in (marketing, operations)

A detailed description of how to use the space category in CQL can be found here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/advanced-searching-using-cql/#space-category

Overview_Macro_CQL_example.png

Best regards

Enrico

Thank you very much! This helps a lot!

Best regards,

Sasha

@Sasha Ratner 

Welcome to the Community! I recommend that you check out the Communardo Metadata for Confluence documentation here https://communardo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/METADATA/pages/27203058/Macro+Metadata+Overview+v+3.3 

If you need support, I am sure the Communardo team will be happy to help you if you raise a support ticket, see https://communardo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/METADATA/pages/27202982/Product+Support

All the best

James

Hi James,

I already read the whole article but I can't find what I need. The label filter in the Metadata Overview Macro is only for pages and not spaces. I need to filter Spaces with a certain categorie. Can I do that with the Metadata Overview Macro?

Thanks,

Sasha

Hi @Sasha Ratner 

I am not very familiar with Communardo Metadata, I'm from a different Atlassian Marketplace Partner. I suggest you contact their support team.

all the best

James

Like Enrico Kutscher likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,381 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you