Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fetch part of blog post to page/blog post in Confluence?

Antti Mattila October 21, 2012

I would like to fetch part of the blog post e.g. text, table, panel etc. to another page or blog post. I have earlier used excerpt and excerpt-include macros to fetch information from page to page or from page to blog post, but when trying e.g. from blog post to page/blog post I just receive an error message stating: "The page <name> does not exist."

When setting the blog post as the source of information via excerpt include macro dialog / wizard, the wizard finds the blog post and I can select it. But still I get the same error message when I check the page via Preview tab or after saving the page =(

I have tried this with both Confluence v3.5 and v4.2.

I have tried to search a solution for but I have not found alternative way to solve this.

I'm also bit suprised why the excerpt macro functionality is supporting only normal pages as source of information in the first place, not also blog posts. I would be great if the support could be added!

2 answers

0 votes
Denise Unterwurzacher [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2013

This has been logged as an Improvement Request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27052

The current workaround is to use the Blog Posts macro in conjuction with labels and the macro parameters, to display only the post/s you require.

At Atlassian we allow our customers to input into our bug fix and feature request prioritisation. We do this with the voting system - the more votes and detailed comments a ticket has, the more likely it is to be implemented. We use this as a way of gauging the needs of our customer base as a whole. I'd recommend voting on that ticket, and adding a comment detailing how it affects your system and what you would like to see. If you also add yourself as a watcher to the ticket, you'll be notified whenever it's updated.

0 votes
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

If you have tested it that much, it's probably a bug/feature request so it should go in jira.atlassian.com under confluence project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events