How to export table

Hello,

I am using Confluence 5.4.4.

When I export to Word, I loose the line outline of any tables exported.

As a result my export is not clearly readable.

Is there anyway fix to this?

3 answers

0 vote
Suren Raj Atlassian Team Dec 21, 2014

Hi Rose,

From the description you give, I'm afraid that you're encountering a known bug. Please see the bug report below:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23583

Unfortunately, there is no workaround to fix this issue.

I hope it helps.

Cheers
Suren 

Hi Suren, In the description of this bug, it says "does not affect open office". Please could you elaborate? How can I make an export to Open Office. I do not have this option in Confluence. When I export to word, and then open the generated document in Open Office, there is no still no lines in my tables. Regards, Rose Marie

Suren Raj Atlassian Team Dec 22, 2014

Hi Rosie, Open Office is a software that have the same function as Microsoft Office. You can know more about Open office and download it from this link:http://www.openoffice.org/ Cheers Suren

No I know what Open Office is :) My question is how this bug doesn't affect Open Office. If I can work around by copying/pasting from Open Office, then I will... When I open a document which is generated from the Tools>Export to Word function, Open Office IS affected. The formatting of the document is dreadful. There is not a function for Tools>Export to Open Office.

Hey Rose,

Confluence is a bit limited with this ability of exporting tables. You can export into PDF to leave the outlines, but won't be able to edit the content of course.

After quite a while of digging around we have found a nice (& free) Chrome extension that does a very good job with that: Table Capture.

Regards,

Peter

Hi,

Thank you for the speedy response, but Table Capture was not a suitable fix for us because the Confluence page that I need to provide to my customer has 101 tables, with text or diagrams which also appear between the tables. Im not exporting tables only. 

Is it normal for a known bug to be left unfixed for 3 years?

Regards

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you