How to export table

Rose Marie Harte December 21, 2014

Hello,

I am using Confluence 5.4.4.

When I export to Word, I loose the line outline of any tables exported.

As a result my export is not clearly readable.

Is there anyway fix to this?

4 answers

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

You may try the the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app: export the whole table or use the live filtration (set filters on the fly in the view page mode) and export the filtered result in CSV, PDF and Word.

Live filtration in the view mode:

Live 1.png

Filtering on the go:

Live 2.png

Exporting of the filtered table:

Live 3.png

0 votes
Rose Marie Harte December 22, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for the speedy response, but Table Capture was not a suitable fix for us because the Confluence page that I need to provide to my customer has 101 tables, with text or diagrams which also appear between the tables. Im not exporting tables only. 

Is it normal for a known bug to be left unfixed for 3 years?

Regards

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2014

Hey Rose,

Confluence is a bit limited with this ability of exporting tables. You can export into PDF to leave the outlines, but won't be able to edit the content of course.

After quite a while of digging around we have found a nice (& free) Chrome extension that does a very good job with that: Table Capture.

Regards,

Peter

0 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2014

Hi Rose,

From the description you give, I'm afraid that you're encountering a known bug. Please see the bug report below:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23583

Unfortunately, there is no workaround to fix this issue.

I hope it helps.

Cheers
Suren 

Hi Suren, In the description of this bug, it says "does not affect open office". Please could you elaborate? How can I make an export to Open Office. I do not have this option in Confluence. When I export to word, and then open the generated document in Open Office, there is no still no lines in my tables. Regards, Rose Marie

Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2014

Hi Rosie, Open Office is a software that have the same function as Microsoft Office. You can know more about Open office and download it from this link:http://www.openoffice.org/ Cheers Suren

No I know what Open Office is :) My question is how this bug doesn't affect Open Office. If I can work around by copying/pasting from Open Office, then I will... When I open a document which is generated from the Tools>Export to Word function, Open Office IS affected. The formatting of the document is dreadful. There is not a function for Tools>Export to Open Office.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events