How to export search results to Excel?

Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud September 6, 2022

Hi, is there any way to export search result to excel? I need to in order to monitor which pages that are outdated and follow up owners/contributors. I see that in earlier versions a macro could give this opportunity, but that's no longer available...

Edit: 
The Space Analytics export could be sufficient IF there was a "creator" and possibly a "contributor" column. Does anyone know if it's possible to get this up in the list via parameters or similar?

5 answers

1 vote
Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud September 8, 2022

Update: The Space Analytics export could be sufficient IF there was a "creator" and possibly a "contributor" column. Does anyone know if it's possible to get this up in the list via parameters or similar?

0 votes
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2023

Hi @Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud ,

To monitor outdated pages and follow up on owners/contributors, you might check out Breeze - Content archiving made simple for Confluence Cloud.

1.gif

It is a full-fledged content lifecycle management solution for Confluence that gives you

• automated content analyses,
  • review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • and more to eliminate outdated pages quickly and clean Confluence for better collaboration.

👉 Feel free to give it a try or schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers, Adrian from B1NARY (the developers of Breeze)

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2022

@Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud 

You can use Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud to monitor page statuses across your Confluence spaces. The automatic notifications are a flexible tool to set up your notification schedules with custom email content and follow up with content owners about their stale or outdated pages.

Watch this 1-minute tutorial video on how to send a Confluence reminder notification:

Present with ease (7).png

or read more in the documentation.

(Please note that Better Content Archiving is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud September 7, 2022

Thank you, I will surely take this into consideration and run it by my managers to calculate cost/benefit. 

Does the Early Access Program mean committing to buy? Or is there a free trial period as the Server version is not applicable for us to try?

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
September 7, 2022

No, there is no commitment to buy. In the alpha and beta periods, the app will be completely free for EAP participants and you will have the regular 1-month free trial when the app comes out in GA. Send me a quick email if you want to stay informed about the progress!

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Search Results macro is deprecated (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-search-results-macro/)

This macro was intentionally excluded from the new editor and will be deprecated from the legacy editor soon. Read the announcement for more information. 

Fabio

Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud September 6, 2022

Hi, and thank you for your reply. My question however wasn't really about the macro, but if there is some way at all to export search results to excel. Alternatively to include page creators and possibly contributors to the export from space analytics. Then one could filter by user from this list.

0 votes
Lukasz Grobelny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

There was a "Search Results" macro but it's now gone

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events