Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to export list of all spaces and user permissions for those spaces (as confluence admin)?

Steve W October 5, 2022

I have been requested by the MD to produce a list of what spaces we have as a company, and who can access those at what level.   I could break into each manually and add myself before then checking who has been invited in and at what level, I'm not sure that this would be the quickest method though. 
Can anyone suggest a better way please?

FYI in case it isn't obvious from the question - I am an absolute beginner with Confluence / unfamiliar with the product and feel I could be out of my depth for a while until I get the courses completed.

All helpful answers appreciated šŸ‘

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Hi @Steve W and welcome to the community,

Using REST API you can get the list of all spaces by sending this request:

GET /wiki/rest/api/space

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/v10/api-group-space/#api-wiki-rest-api-space-get

For permissions use this

GET /wiki/rest/api/space?expand=permissions
Steve W October 6, 2022

Thank you @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Exactly what I was looking for šŸ‘

@Jay Maechtlen I should have listed it is Confluence Cloud, I appreciate your answer though šŸ˜€

Like ā€¢ Alex Koxaras _Relational_ likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

@Jay Maechtlen this macro is for Confluence server and not for Confluence Cloud.

Like ā€¢ Young Jefferson likes this
Jay Maechtlen October 6, 2022

I figured it might kick some other ideas loose - I didn't necessarily think it would end up being 'the answer'. 

Thanks!

Like ā€¢ KristjĆ”n Geir Mathiesen likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events