Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export labeled pages only

Marc Botermans February 27, 2019

Hi,

We would like to export pages with a certain label and import this into another Confluence instance.

Although I am familiar with exporting full spaces  or manually selected pages (via XML backups) I could not find a way to base this on a label.

Neither could I find an add-on that provides this functionality. All suggestions to resolve this use case are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Marc

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi Marc,

Something like this would require an add-on, since it's not a feature of Confluence.

I would advise you to have a look at the available exporting add-ons, and see if one of them has this capability:

Another possibility might be with a scripting add-on, such as Scriptrunner or Confluence CLI from Bob Swift. I haven't personally used either of these, but they can solve many issues in Confluence by running things through the command line instead of using the UI.

I'll also tag your question with the Marketplace collection tag in case other users might know of an add-on that would work for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Marc Botermans March 7, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for both suggestions.  It seems that scriptrunner's  CQL function" Search Page By Label"  may provide us what we want.  In case we decide to go down this road, I will post an update here.

Regards,

Marc

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Thanks, Marc!

Keep us updated.

Regards,

Shannon

Marc Botermans April 18, 2019

Hi,

We decided not to export label based pages as most pages do not change very often.

When we change many pages we will  export/import the entire space and remove unwanted pages. When there are not many changes, we will copy/paste content from relevant pages.

Thanks (again) for thinking with us.

Regards,

Marc

Like Shannon S likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events