How to export a space using CLI

Hayath Khan K August 26, 2019

How to export a space using CLI

4 answers

1 vote
Adam Martin November 8, 2022

@Sudhir_Appfire_

So, after you've exported a space from Cloud with exportSpace, how is that then re-imported to Cloud? (besides through the UI)

The action restoreExport appears to only be viable with Server/DC.

0 votes
Tihomir Nikolov March 10, 2023

Hi, is seems that the issue  SUPPORT-2906 is not public, so is it resolved ? 

Is there a way to automate export and restore actions for Confluence cloud?

The purpose is to migrate a bunch of spaces between two cloud instances.

Thanks in advance.

Dileep Kumar Katta March 12, 2023

Hi @Tihomir Nikolov 

We are from the Appfire support team. 

We have opened a Support Request 

https://appfire.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/11/SUPPORT-90137

for this issue. Could you please try to access the above ticket and signup to our portal for further discussion on this ticket.

Regards,
Dileep

0 votes
Sudhir_Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Hi @Hayath Khan K

We are from BobSwift support team. 

We have opened a Support Request SUPPORT-2906 for this issue. Could you please try to access the ticket SUPPORT-2906 and signup to our portal for further discussion on this ticket.

You can export a space using CLI by following below steps:

1. Download the CLI for the client by downloading latest atlassian-cli-8.8.0-distribution.zip from here
  2. Go to atlassian-cli-8.8.0 folder and run the below command using --action exportSpace
 ./confluence.sh --server <confluence url> --user <username> --password <password> --action exportSpace --space "<space key>"  --file "<path where to export the file>/exportSpaceHtml.zip"  --exportType "HTML"

Please let us know if you have any questions and we are happy to assist you.

Regards,
Sudhir

Beer Mohamed February 9, 2022

@Sudhir_Appfire_  Thanks for the details about export.. I see there is an action restoreExport but it seems like we have to get into target server and run it, is there any possibility to provide target instance url and run it from  source instance itself.

Also I tried copyspace action where we can provide target url but I can see only spaces are copied there not pages and other details of it..

Could you help me on this.

Thanks

Mohamed

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events