Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export Page Tree with Creation Date and Author?

Chris Lucas April 22, 2020

I am looking to generate a report containing a hierarchical Page Tree (not the contents) for a Confluence space together with the page creation date and author of each page.

Easy enough to copy the Page Tree, but stuck on a solution to capture additional metadata for each page within the space apart from simply providing a link.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2020

Hello @Chris Lucas !

What you are looking for can be achieved via User Macros in Confluence Server, which seems to be the platform you are currently using.

The following user macro will display the Creator and Creation date of the page where it is placed:

<div class="aui-message aui-message-info">
$content.getCreatorName()
$action.dateFormatter.formatGivenString("yyyy-MM-dd", $content.getCreationDate())
</div>

The dateFormatter method is used to format the date, it is not needed for the final product. The getCreatorName and getCreationDate methods are the essential ones. One gets the name of the page creator and the other the creation date, respectively.

Now that this User Macro has given a general idea of how this works, we can take a look at this thread where a pretty similar request was made:

The macro above is much more complex than the one used here as example. If you need some insight on User Macros, you can take a look here:

There is also the possibility of using third-party applications. One of them shows up in another similar thread here in the Community:

The application used as base for the solution above is the Confluence Command Line Interface:

I hope this shines some light into the situation! Looking forward to your reply.

Tamsyn O'Leary August 14, 2022

I'm wanting to do the same, but for cloud - is there a way?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events