How to export Confluence space without attachments

I want to export Confluence space without attachments. Is there any way to perform this easy / smoothly?

3 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Apr 12, 2016

According to the Full XML export option in Confluence Cloud:

Generates a XML file for each page in this space, including those not visible to you, and excluding blogs, comments, and attachments.

So I would assume that this means that attachments are not exported.

Use the Copy Space plugin - here you find a option to copy a space without attachments and in the next step use  the regular space export to xml - should work.

image2016-4-13 9:3:1.png

I also want to do this, but I'd like a PDF Space Export, without attachments. I have a "large" space that has many GB of attachments. When I try to do a PDF export with confluence-cli (3.8), Confluence aborts with a StuckThreadDetectionValve warning.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

285 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you