How to export Confluence content to WordPress?

Jason Huang May 23, 2022

Hi,

We want to export Confluence content (e.g. pages, attachments, spaces, users, groups and son on) to WordPress.

Is there a solution to achieve it?

Thanks,

Jason

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hưng Nguyễn Quang August 9, 2022

Hi Jason,

I have a wordpress plugin to import content from confluence into wordpress webiste, then I  found this topic. Please let me know if u still need this function.

Thanks

Emanuele Baldassarre February 28, 2023

Which plug-in ?

Like 松元祐樹 likes this
Jason Huang December 14, 2023

Hi @Hưng Nguyễn Quang, I am interested in the WordPress plugin, may I know more about it?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Huang March 27, 2024

Hi @Hưng Nguyễn Quang ,

How can I contact you.

You didn't show up your email.

Regards,

Jason

0 votes
Viktor Börjesson August 9, 2022

Hi! I'm a bit interested in this topic as well. We're trying to achieve the following: 

We're building a portal for our clients where we need the following functionality: 

- Complete control of layout, menus, images, etc. 

- Upload material (that will come from Confluence) 

- Publish news, etc

- Track user engagement, which documents are being downloaded, etc. 

The way I see it is that we can approach this from two directions and the related problems that I would LOVE your input/help on how to tackle:

1) Build a beautiful website via Wordpress with complete control of the layout and create an automatic connection with Confluence from where we can publish the documents we want to share (needs to be automatic). 

Problem: Is there such a feature that I can connect Confluence with the CMS and publish material to a designated space? I've seen one app in the marketplace with bad reviews that can handle wordpress.com but not wordpress.org that we're looking at. 

2) Build a website via Confluence that can be hosted on its own. 

Problem: I've seen the app Refined in the marketplace but it's price tag of 5,000 - 6,000 $ per year is a bit to much for us. Is there a native way in Confluence to build webpages and publish them and include content from Confluence? I would be able to control not only the specific page layou but also menus, SEO/meta descriptions, install Google analytics, etc. 

I would very much appreciate your input and advice which way would be the most feasible without spending money on Refined or similar levels of investment. 

THANK you! 

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 9, 2022

Use Scroll Viewport

It has all the benefits of exporting the Confluence content elsewhere - you can write all your own custom HTML and all the layouts.

it will render to static HTML and will not require the constant upgrades that pushing content to Wordpress would require. You can add all the custom JavaScript you need. 

It will be much faster than Wordpress as it’s static HTML. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211636/scroll-viewport-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Viktor Börjesson August 10, 2022

Thanks David! 

However, Scroll Viewport looks great but the price tag increases fairly quickly with the amount of users so it's outside of my budget.

Thanks for your time tho! 

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 10, 2022

Yeah, that can be a thing, but if you have a separate Confluence instance with just a small number of people dedicated to just the documentation, the price can be kept quite low 😉

Viktor Börjesson August 10, 2022

True! But kinda defeats the purpose as I then would have to move the documentation from one Confluence instance to another manually :) 

Hưng Nguyễn Quang August 10, 2022

Am having project which created  a plugin to export content from confluence to wordpress custom post type. If u want it please email me. Thanks

Like # people like this
Aitana Arias September 14, 2022

Hello @Hưng Nguyễn Quang I am interested! It seems I can't email you directly from here :(

Like Jayne Ion likes this
Jayne Ion July 11, 2023

I am also interested in this plug-in Hello @Hưng Nguyễn Quang. 

Are you able to link to it from here? Thanks!

Like Sondra Menthers likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Wordpress is a simple content management system, intended to host and publish content by your authors without making them have to think too hard.  Confluence is a wiki, not a simple CMS.  Wikis are more powerful than basic CMS's although they fulfil the same basic "host and publish without having to think" functions.  Because wikis are more powerful, they tend to have different data structures and functionality, and the export/import/conversion functions for non-wiki systems don't tend to be written.

What are you trying to achieve with your "export to Wordpress"?  If we know why you're looking at this transfer, we can probably give you a best path, rather than talk about loads of options.

There's usually two good reasons for it - 

You've decided to downgrade from Confluence, losing all the power of a wiki, and just dump things into Wordpress.  That's fine, if you're not using the power of a wiki, why bother paying for it, I wouldn't.   But it does mean you're going to have to think about what data you are going to have to lose when you move.  

You have an internal Confluence, but your public facing stuff is published in Wordpress.  Again, nothing wrong with that - a lot of your readers don't need a wiki, they just want to read stuff.  This however is something you probably want to automate, not do one-off exports.  Again, you'll need to think about what you do and don't want to take across to start with.

Sondra Menthers August 17, 2023

Hi Nic, I want to do something similar.  Our Confluence data is internal but SOME of our pages we want to exchange with external partners and the like.  We already have a WordPress instance set up for our external webpages, what my groups needs is to get more of that content on a website.  I can of course code everything by hand in HTML and use an external style sheet and just copy and paste paragraph by paragraph but if there is any way to avoid this or any shortcuts, I would like to know what they are.  This becomes especially cumbersome with things like tables and ordered lists. Any ideas?  We would like to retain all links between pages if possible as well. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events