How to enforce 'watch page' in Confluence

Juan Martinez November 20, 2018

I'm trying to find a way (perhaps an add-on) that would allow the administrator to enforce a “watch page” for a certain page for all Confluence account holders that have read permission on that page.

Does anyone know how this could be done?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2018

Hi Juan,

This is not possible. When managing watchers you need to add watchers individually as users.

We previously had a feature request for this, but it has been resolved as it is not in our upcoming roadmap.

• CONFSERVER-20118 Ability to notify a group when a page blog or space is changed (group watches)

Some add-ons that could serve as a workaround are:

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Juan Martinez November 22, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your answer. 

I think that the feature to add groups as watchers of a Confluence page is necessary. I think that the reason why it is not provided is too paternalistic. Let the administrators decide what is best for their groups!

The workarounds proposed didn't work for me.

Kind regards,

Juan

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2018

Hi Juan,

I agree that it could be very helpful to have, although it might be construed as spam by many users, as is pointed out in a few of the discussions.

The workarounds are all confirmed add-ons from Marketplace. You say they aren't working - are you saying because you're on Cloud and you cannot install them, or you don't want to use an external workaround?

Regards,

Shannon

Juan Martinez November 23, 2018

Hi Shannon,

I said that they aren't working for me because as far as I know they are intended for blogs or spaces, but not pages. Am I right? or is there any add-on to notify changes in pages to groups of users?

Thanks

Juan

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 26, 2018

Juan,

Only the first add-on is for blogs. If you've read through the other recommendations you can see they are for pages and notifications in general in Confluence.

Please take your time to review the add-ons and start a trial if you need to, in order to test it for your requirements.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events