How to enable/disable blueprints for a space using the Confluence API?

Hello all,

I um currently developing a plugin for Confluence which will enable/disable Blueprints for a specific space through the Confluence Java API.

I reviewed the online technical Java doc but was unable to find how to achieve my goal.

Has anyone run into this challenge before?

Thanks a lot

2 answers

What developpers would need for this case is access to the BlueprintStateController (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.createcontent.BlueprintStateController) if possible. This class does exactly the job but is not available for injection

Did you eventually managed to bypass this limitation ?

Yes I did, but it's rather a dirty hack. I copy/pasted some code in the BlueprintStateController and some other classes down  the line. Basically it's "just" a matter of pushing values in bandana

{code}

private void enableBlueprint(UUID blueprintId, Space space, String bandanaKey) {
if(blueprintId == null) {
throw new IllegalArgumentException("Blueprint UUID is required.");
} else {
Object bandanaContext = space == null?new ConfluenceBandanaContext():new SpaceBandanaContext(space);
Set disabledBlueprintsIds = (Set)this.bandanaManager.getValue((BandanaContext)bandanaContext, bandanaKey);
if(disabledBlueprintsIds != null) {
disabledBlueprintsIds.remove(blueprintId.toString());
}

this.bandanaManager.setValue((BandanaContext)bandanaContext, bandanaKey, disabledBlueprintsIds);
}
}

private void disableBlueprint(UUID blueprintId, Space space, String bandanaKey) {
if(blueprintId == null) {
throw new IllegalArgumentException("blueprint UUID is required.");
} else if(!blueprintId.equals(BlueprintConstants.BLANK_PAGE_BLUEPRINT.getId())
&& !blueprintId.equals(BlueprintConstants.BLOG_POST_BLUEPRINT.getId()))
{
Object bandanaContext = space == null?new ConfluenceBandanaContext():new SpaceBandanaContext(space);
Object disabledBlueprintsIds = (Set)this.bandanaManager.getValue((BandanaContext)bandanaContext, bandanaKey);
if(disabledBlueprintsIds == null) {
disabledBlueprintsIds = Sets.newHashSet();
}

((Set)disabledBlueprintsIds).add(blueprintId.toString());
this.bandanaManager.setValue((BandanaContext)bandanaContext, bandanaKey, disabledBlueprintsIds);
} else {
throw new IllegalArgumentException("You cannot disable this blueprint.");
}
}

{code}

Would be simpler and more stable in the long run if the BlueprintStateController was a public spring component

Hello Sebastien

Many thanks for all those details.

Still how did you managed to find the Bandana Keys to get the list of disabled Blueprints. Couldn't find the right BandanaKeys to do so?

Thanks

Hi @Melek Jebnoun [Spectrum Groupe],

The bandana key in question is : "com.atlassian.confluence.blueprints.disabled"

0 vote

Hi Nicolas,

We have a feature request to create the Javadocs for Blueprint API here, as we don't yet have that:

I am not aware of a way to do specifically what you request, but you could add your Blueprint as a promoted Blueprint using the following procedure:

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Hello @Shannon Spaniol,

Thank you for your reply. I watch this issue now.

There is actually a way to enable/disable Blueprints for a space with the help of the Confluence REST API:

curl -u admin:admin -X PUT http://server:port/rest/create-dialog/1.0/modules/883d16f5-6eaa-46db-9201-54a1eb9cfcac?spaceKey=VS
curl -u admin:admin -X DELETE http://server:port/rest/create-dialog/1.0/modules/883d16f5-6eaa-46db-9201-54a1eb9cfcac?spaceKey=VS

In the example above, admin is the user (with password "admin"),
http://server:port/ is the instance base URL, VS is the Space key and 883d16f5-6eaa-46db-9201-54a1eb9cfcac is the Template ID - which can be found on the "UUID" column of the "AO_54C900_CONTENT_BLUEPRINT_AO" table in Confluence database.

(I got this hint from the Atlassian support team by the way)

However, I would rather use the Java classes instead of a REST call as it is required to authenticate first.

Hi Nicolas,

I was aware of the way via REST API, but not specifically of Java API, as it's not documented anywhere.

Hopefully someone will see this that knows if there is a way to do so, but what I'm hearing from the Confluence Server team is that it may not be possible.

If you do determine the way to do it, since it's undocumented, please let us know here in case any other users have the same issue.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Goff-Dupont
Published 6 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

69 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you