How to embed a YouTube channel into Confluence?

Ruth Gordon January 31, 2018

Is it possible to embed not just a single video from YouTube but the latest video posted to a particular channel? I imagine something similar to a Twitter feed but for videos within a YouTube channel.

7 answers

4 votes
Uche Ugochukwu August 16, 2021

Hello, it is quite simple to embed a Youtube video in Confluence, just follow, the steps below.

1. click on the link icon on the toolbar

2. paste your link

3. click on the link which you just pasted

4. A toolbar should pop up, click on "Display as link" on the drop-down, select Display as embed, and that's all.

image.png

Jenn Ferreris August 17, 2021

I am unable to see Display embed.  I wonder if there is another way since I'd like for the video to be shown. When using the widget mentioned at the beginning of this thread, it says you can adjust the size.  For me, I cannot.  Also, I cannot go into fullscreen unless I tap the YouTube icon.

Like Jean Duporté likes this
Chris Vasquez December 13, 2021

Worked for me with no issues. Thanks!

2021-12-13_17-58-27.png

Like # people like this
1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Ruth,

You can ad a single video through the Widget Connector.  This can be done using the following steps.

1. Create a page to which you want to add the video
  2. In the toolbar click the plus-button and then choose Other Macros
  3. Search for Widget Connector
  4. Paste the URL, define the size en click Insert

Since the channel is just an iframe you can use the HTML iframe macro to embed it.  You can find directions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-put-an-iframe-into-confluence-598837531.html

Shanta Nathwani March 19, 2019

This didn't work for me, nor did the related page. This should be a really easy thing to do, especially with the new editor.

EDIT: the "share" link that I got from YouTube didn't work. I used the direct URL in the bar, and that worked using this method.

Like # people like this
Sara Swinehart October 23, 2019

This isn't working for me either and it is MAJORLY annoying. 

Like # people like this
Tracy Miller March 30, 2020

Didn:t work for me.  I just got some gears or a sad face.

Like Troy Edmonds likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2020

Did you use the url or the share link?   It has to be the actual url and not the share link.

Like # people like this
Michael Fechter January 31, 2022

On Jira Server I have issues with the Widget macro trying to display YouTube videos. Previews but then inserts nothing on the page. 

I found a workaround where I was able to embed a YouTube video using the Confluence HTML Macro as per above comments.

1. Create a page to which you want to add the video
  2. In the toolbar click the plus-button and then choose Other Macros
  3. Search for HTML macro
  4. Insert the HTML macro.
  5. Then from the YouTube Video select Share->Embed and copy all the HTML which is an iFrame.
  6. Paste all the HTML into the Confluence HTML macro.
  7. Save the Confluence Page
  8. This then previewed and displayed as expected. 

This is for a single video though so does not quite answer the original posters question. 
JuanRivas December 22, 2022

Hey there. Thanks for your help. We’ve recently moved to Jira, so we’re currently having some difficulties with it, including Youtube issues. We work with Youtube likes service (click here), and they help us promote our business on youtube. My friends who had worked with that service advised us to move to Jira because of its outstanding functionality. Hope we’ve made a right choice having done that. So, thank you for your help. I’ll keep you updated as soon as we face some new issues.

0 votes
Jean Duporté July 24, 2023

I tried to insert a YouTube video un a Jira page with the link but the option of "Display embed" does not appear. Any ideas?

0 votes
James Renna August 2, 2022

We have tried all the above methods and even some plugins on the Atlassian marketplace but still having issues.

We eventually can get the video to show through the widget method, html macro, display embed option etc, but all the options have disabled fullscreen views.

How can we embed a youtube video while enabling the ability to go into fullscreen?

Even tried adding some of the custom tag options/parameters into that iframe element but still wont work.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2022

For Confluence Cloud, we've built a simple and free app that allows you to embed YouTube videos that everyone can use:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226121/youtube-in-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud 

If your Confluence instance is open to anonymous users, say for documentation, then this is quite helpful. If it's not, then smart links should do the trick nicely.

---ooOoOoOoOoOoo--

---ooOoOoOoOoOoo--

---ooOoOoOoOoOoo--

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2022

For Confluence Cloud, we've built a simple and free app that allows you to embed YouTube videos that everyone can use:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226121/youtube-in-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud 

If your Confluence instance is open to anonymous users, say for documentation, then this is quite helpful. If it's not, then smart links should do the trick nicely.

0 votes
Zephyr QA June 3, 2020

you can use iframe macro and just give youtube URL into URL filed 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events