How to embed a Jira issue/filter macro within Expand macro on confluence?

Rajendar Akkala May 31, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to embed a Jira filter/issue macro within an Expand macro on a confluence page. Jira filter/issue macro is to display all the details like portfolioChildIssues of a feature and i want this to be collapsable/expandable. So trying to embed this within Expand macro but its not working. Jira issue is always ending outside the Expand macro. Is it like the latest version of Jira/Confluence not supporting this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

6 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Rajendar Akkala ,

Welcome to the community.

You need to add Jira filter/Issue macro inside the boundary of Expand macro. Attached a screenshot for your assistance.

image.png

Rajendar Akkala June 1, 2022

Yes Rilwan, i am adding the Jira filter/issue macro inside the boundary of Expand macro but once the 'Insert' is clicked on Jira filter/issue macro, end result is ending outside the macro. 

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Please share the screenshot from "View Source"

i.e. Open the page, click on 3 dots on the right top  --> Advanced Details --> View source

image.png

Source should be like as below
image.png

Right, but for me its showing as belowunnamed-4.png

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2022

@Rajendar Akkala Welcome to the Atlassian community

I am able to have a Jira issue macro within a expand macro without issue.  Can you share a screenshot of the issue you are having? 

Rajendar Akkala May 31, 2022

Thanks Brant for the reply. Here are the screenshots.

1) Inserted a Expand Macro

unnamed.png

2) In the above Expand macro i tried inserting another macro using /Jira or the + (Insert) symbol at the top and used the below Jira issue macro

unnamed-2.png

3) After inserting the above macro, it is showing as below, i.e. Jira macro is ending up outside the Expand macro.

unnamed-3.png

Could be that I'm making some mistake somewhere. 

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

@Rajendar Akkala what browser are you using?  

Brant, its microsoft Edge

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

Can you use chrome or firefox and do you see the same behavior?

Tried in chrome and it's the same issue like in Edge browser. Noticed that Expand is working for the embedded Jira filter/issue macro, if the JQL for Jira filter is simple like "key=something'. When i use query using 'PortfolioChildIssuesof(something) its resulting in the output to be outside of expand macro boundary.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

Are you using a filter that contains the portfolio child function or are you typing it in?

Rajendar Akkala June 2, 2022

Brant, here is what i am doing

created a Expand macro

Inside the Expand macro boundary, typed in /Jira and opened the Jira issue/filter macro. 

In the Jira issue/filter macro, typed in the PortfolioChildIssuesOf query to fetch all the stories tied to a feature.

As i click Insert for the above Jira issue/filter, the result for the PortfolioChildIssues is creating the result with the stories outside of Expand Macro.

biao_li February 20, 2023

only support rich text

3 votes
shannon_woodson July 5, 2022

Im facing the same issue where upon clicking insert, the the Jira macro will be placed on the outside of the expand macro. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

tom.l August 3, 2022

Same for me. Very disturbing issues solution would be great.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

@Roger Tabet @shannon_woodson @tom.l Can you provide additional information about your issue?   There are certain combinations, additional apps, etc. that cause this not to work.  Are you embedding it in a table, do you have apps installed that you are using?  

0 votes
jpeeling13 November 29, 2022

I am also having the same problem, using Confluence Cloud. To be more specific though, I only see this happening when I have the expand macro inside of a table row. When the expand macro is outside of a table and just somewhere on the page, I can successfully add the jira filter (even advanced ones that return multiple issues) inside the boundaries of the expand macro.

0 votes
Roger Tabet August 12, 2022

Facing same problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events