How to embed Camtasia video into Confluence

Leslie_Jones August 1, 2022

I am documenting software and made a short (3 minute) video in Camtasia explaining how to use one of the features. Unfortunately, I do not know how to publish/export my Camtasia project so it can be embedded in the Confluence page, nor do I know how to embed the file so it appears the most user-friendly.  Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Leslie

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

Hi @Leslie_Jones ,

please export your video as mp4 (https://www.techsmith.com/blog/tutorials/camtasia/export-share/) and then attach it to your confluence page. You can use this macro https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-multimedia-macro/ to embed your attachment in a page

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Leslie_Jones welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please be informed, the cloud version don't support the embed functionality. You may have to check one of these market place plugins.

Leslie_Jones August 1, 2022

Thank you for the quick response! Is there any other option to view Camtasia or Storyline projects in Confluence without those plugins?

Like G subramanyam likes this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

Unfortunately, no, @Leslie_Jones .  There is a multimedia macro, but it is being deprecated with no followup solution.

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events