How to edit page created from a template

Stuart D November 24, 2020

I have just created my first template page, with some basic headings, which is generated when a user clicks on a small form created using the Add Page Via Form macro. The user simply enters the name of the page in the form, clicks on the button and a new page is created.

The new page is created but it appears to be uneditable. Clicking 'Edit Contents' just presents the template page but without the ability to edit, only the 'Save Draft', 'Save' and 'Cancel' buttons are live. And clicking 'Edit' on the page only brings up the page as a blank expect with the macro icon on it.

I used one of the pre-supplied templates to create mine, but can't for the life of me figure out how to allow the user to enter details into the generated pages.

1 answer

1 vote
Monique Khairuliana[ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Stuart D ,

It sound like you're using Linking for Confluence and Scaffolding templates (both are ServiceRocket apps). The Add Page via Form macro (from Linking app) will enable the one-click page creation with a pre-defined template, with the option to have the template made out of Scaffolding macros. That's what triggers the Edit Content button to appear. 

To troubleshoot, I'd first check if the Add Page via Form macro settings has "Live Template" checked. This setting should only be used with Templates with Scaffolding macros on them. If you are using one of the pre-supplied templates, you don't need to have the Live Template setting checked.

Hope this is still relevant for you. I just randomly stumbled into this thread today!. If you need further help, feel free to reach our support team here 
-Monique
ServiceRocket team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events