How to dynamically generate a table from another table?

Masymase September 23, 2022

I have a table on one page with rows of tasks that are meant for at most 1 team.

I have separate team pages where I would like to add a dynamic table that filters only for their team's rows from the table in the first page.

It takes forever to get third party macros approved for my company's Confluence, so a way to do this using the included macros would be great!

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Masymase September 23, 2022

Resolved this using Excerpt Table and Excerpt Table Inlcude.

Wrap the original table with Excerpt Table and give it an Excerpt name.

On the other page, insert Excerpt Table Include. Set source to "Specific Page" and enter original page, and set the name to the original table's Excerpt name.

Wrap the Excerpt Table Include with a Table Filter macro, and just save a default filter. That's the best I could find for default macros.

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Masymase ,

Glad that you've found a solution - this was my variant as well.

Note that the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include and Table Filter macros are not default Confluence macros. They are provided by the app developed by our company - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. Happy that you use it for you instance.

Like # people like this
Masymase September 26, 2022

Ah thanks for clarifying that! Yeah it's such a useful app it should be default 😅

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events