How to display name of active JIRA sprint in a Confluence page?

Jeanne October 14, 2019

Most of our Confluence spaces are open to all but you have to explicitly request access to a JIRA project. So how can I display the name of the active sprint (and maybe other sprint relevant info) in a Confluence page.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeanne October 17, 2019

Hi, thank you. nice to meet you too. No not really. All relevant users in organisation have JIRA licenses i believe. However not all users have by default access to all JIRA projects - access has to be applied for via service desk by each for every required JIRA project.

Also in order to provide a better user experience we are trying to provide a summary page of each project to as Execs, managers, etc. this page then should display release plan, road map, stats etc. That is possible already. However, I need to provide name of active or current spring on summary page as well. I hope this makes sense? :)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Jeanne,

It does make sense; I wanted to be sure your question wasn't about how to display that data to users who are not licensed Jira users. Note that they cannot simply be Jira Service Desk customers, but fully licensed Jira users with Browse permissions to that project.

Once you can confirm they have been granted permissions to that project, you can display the Sprint field using the Jira issues macro. The Jira issues macro will display the name of the Sprint next to your issues. You won't be able to just display the Sprint name, it will need to be included with the issue details. Your JQL can be set to “Sprint in openSprints()” to list all active Sprints.

I hope that clarifies things, but let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Jeanne likes this
Cronje van Heerden September 18, 2020

To have a line item that just shows the sprint name, I created an additional Jira query that only shows max 1 item, and only the sprint name, and used it as a heading towards a similar macro that shows a table of the issues contained in the sprint.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hello Jeanne,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

In order to view details of a Jira project, you need to be a licensed Jira User. Is this the issue you're encountering, or is there some other behavior that you're running into?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events