• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to display file as link in new editor Edited

Hello All!

I've recently been using the new editing experience and I love it, but I can't find a way to display an attached file (jpg, png etc.) as link which is easily done in the old editor.

I'd love to keep using the new editor, but the 'display file as link' feature is integral to the way I use Confluence.

Is there a way of doing this in the new editor or is it not possible?

I'd be super grateful for any insight or answers.

Thanks so much in advance,

Sam

3 answers

5 votes

Hello Sam,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

I recently raised a feature request about this:

In the meantime, you'll need to use the Attachments macro in order to obtain the URL of the attachment. Then you can link text to that by pasting the link into the Link Macro.

Please vote on the feature request above to show that you'd like to see this feature return to Confluence. You will automatically be added to the list of watchers so you can receive updates of any progress.

Regards,

Shannon

Its bad to remove a feature

Like # people like this

Wow, you're stealing my time by removing such an feature. Why are your product guys doing something like this? I can't believe that I'm one of a few who is using this feature, as all my co-workers use it. A real bummer!

Like # people like this

Hello there, Barry, and Christian. Thank you for all of this feedback.

As of recently, this feature is now listed on our roadmap page below:

We are still currently gathering interest on this, but I wanted to share that page with you as there are likely other features you're missing and you'd like to know the status of.

I would also encourage you to schedule some 1:1 time with our Confluence Product Manager in their calendar. It can help us to get more feedback such as yours for how we can best improve the new editor to meet your requirements.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Yet another feature that I have found that does not exist in the new editor. Revealed only after using the new editor  for some time and am committed to it.

Yet another reason for Atlassian to be embarrassed. 

Like # people like this

It's not really an 'improvement' to simply provide the same functionality as the previous version.

This disrupts the entire structure of the wiki that I've been building for my team for the past year. Atlassian has created a load of work for me and, I expect, many others.

Hello all,

This feature is now in our short-term roadmap and we've begun the early stages of implementing this on the new editor.

Per CONFCLOUD-65302:

Hi all, Confluence editor PM here. We are in the early stages of exploring how to show an attachment thumbnail as a link. Bringing this functionality to the new editor is on our short-term roadmap. We’ll provide updates on this ticket as we progress the work.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Thank you again for your patience while we get the new editor up-to-par with the features of the legacy editor.

As before, if you require the legacy editor and aren't able to use it on your Cloud site, please contact the Confluence Cloud Support Team and we can help you to access the legacy editor.

Regards,

Shannon

Like # people like this

I have the same problem with the lack of functionalities in the new edit preview form mentioned above. Please for update about the progress. 

Our organisation recently expanded Confluence account and now we are getting confused with these malfunctions. Unfortunately I am the admin of the site and I have to calm others. 

Whatever "improvement" you make keep the option to revert it back to the old ones.  

Like eva_reblin likes this

I relied heavily on this feature. Please fix asap.

Like # people like this

So, it's Sept 2020. Over a year has passed.

Is this basic piece of functionality that should never have been removed in the first place ever going to come back?

Like Matt Bryant likes this

I find this quite remarkable.

I fully understand that the product needs to change and adapt, yet seeing yet another feature that is generally used in busier and more complex set up not implemented right away when the new editor was rolled out makes one wonder as to who the target audience really is.

I still cannot use this feature with the new editor...
How can we do it?

Thanks

Hi Samuel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community, and thank you for following up. This feature is not yet available, but is currently in progress. You can follow the process below:

Be sure to watch the case, and you'll receive emails with any status updates.

Take care,

Shannon

THis is really a shame that it is still not available easily !!!!

+1 for this functionality. So disappointing that it isn't available! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

429 views 23 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you