How to display a list of spaces by a specific category?

Wade Koehn September 25, 2015

I want to have a home page with a several columns listing specifically categorized spaces. For example: the first column would show all product documentation spaces, the second column would list all internal company spaces, etc..

If this is not an option are there any workarounds to have a clean, easy to read at a glance home page besides manually creating links to the spaces?

This is needed for Confluence Cloud. All the plugins I have found so far are only for server.

3 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2015

Hi Wade,

I also wondered why this wasn't possible, so I reproduced the "category" tab of the Spaces List macro as a Cloud addon. You can choose a category and it will display all spaces from that category. It is almost exactly the same, with a few limitations (for example, links open in a new tab/window, since Cloud addons render inside of an iframe). Send an e-mail to stephendeutsch1@gmail.com and I will send you an access token that you can use to install it on your instance to try it out.

0 votes
Achim Brunner (AB) FN-11 October 3, 2015

I have the same issue and I would like to solve it with a user macro like the Spacelist-by-label macro.

Could maybe someone give me a hint which Class can be used for this

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2015

Hi Wade, 

A good and quick option to have a list if spaces based on their categories would be to use the Spaces List macro and select the option related to category. After saving it, the macro will display a list of spaces with the specific category, that you need to insert through the Space Tools option. A good example can be found in this article.

While the page using different Spaces List for different categories, you can use it as the dashboard by changing it to be the Home page.

Hope it helps you!

Cheers, 

Giu

Wade Koehn September 25, 2015

This only gives me a dropdown list where the user would have to manually select the category. I want to have a home page that has a list of spaces of ONE specific category in one area and a different SINGLE specific category in another section of the page. I need to be able to set the category parameters in the macro and disable the dropdown. Thanks!

Olivia Hydari March 30, 2018

Hi the site breaks when i select category. Can you fix this?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events