Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a Jira Kanban board on a Confluence page?

Andreas Messerli August 12, 2021

Dear all

after searching for a while, I still don't have a proper answer, if this works. 

Use case: We use Confluence Cloud as our "entry gate" when working with clients. For specific use cases, we'd like to have the possibility to at least display a Jira Kanban Cloud board on a Confluence page or also change it from there. 

I've found the possibility to show a roadmap, filter on specific Jira tasks etc. But I did not found a solution for this. Maybe it's just so obvious how to do that, or it's a rare use case. 

Can someone please point me in the right direction? 

Many thanks
Andreas

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2021

Hi @Andreas Messerli You should be able to display your JIRA Kanban Board on confluence page using Agile Wallboard Gadget macro. However you won't be able to change it from there. 

Andreas Messerli August 13, 2021

Many thanks @Kishan Sharma this worked as expected. Read only is sufficient  for our purpose 👍

Like Randy O_Neal likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

Welcome @Andreas Messerli  that's great!

0 votes

May I suggest to Atlassian to ensure, that the Agile Wallboard Gadget will be found when searching for a way, to display Jira Kanban boards in Confluence?

I expect to get this result at least when searching the Atlassian Marketplace for Kanban or Jira. It might make things a bit easier :-) 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2021

Actually in confluence page edit mode, if you click on + and search Agile Wallboard Gadget, you will be able to select that macro OR you can press "/" key and type Agile Wallboard Gadget to select it. :)

@Kishan Sharma I know :-) 

It's more about finding the right macro without asking the community :-) 
So I just proposed to add a specific description. 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2021

haha yes, that's a good idea! :)

Philip Culver May 15, 2023

Is this gadget still called "Agile Wallboard Gadget"? I can't find it in Confluence when searching for Macros. We are using Jira Server. Is that the limitation...?

Lior Perry July 18, 2023

yup
image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events