Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Jira issues on a confluence page

Capps January 7, 2020

Im trying to add all open issues that are assigned to me on a confluence page.

Im trying to use the Jira macro for this and I know this search query is incorrect but its very much what I am trying to achieve.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/P8uY67YE

1. What is the correct search query?
  2. Where do I find samples of search queries so I can refine and or adjust as required?

TIA :)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Hi @Capps 

The above two solutions definitely work, but I have another way you can do this and it will help you learn JQL quickly. 

1. In Jira, click on the Search icon in the left toolbar. 
  2. Select Filters at the bottom.
  3. Click Create Filter button (top right). 
  4. Select your Project, Type, Status, Assignee and any other criteria through the +More pull down.
  5. Click the Search button. See results. 
  6. Now click Switch to JQL and you can see the script. 
  7. Switch back to Basic if you want to change stuff, or try out the script yourself (it is actually very easy once you use it). 
  8. Save the filter - Give it a name and note the ?filter=xxxxx number. 
  9. An extra step in the save could be to Share the filter with your colleagues or a group. 
  10. In Confluence add the ?filter=xxxxx number to your Jira Macro and voila you have your results. 

Filter - Basic View:

Filter = Basic View.png

Filter - JQL View:

Filter = JQL View.png

-Mike

Capps January 8, 2020

Thanks @Mike Bowen , that is an excellent idea and super useful :)

Like Mike Bowen likes this
0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Hi @Capps ,

If the above answers have been able to clarify what you were looking for, please accept the answer(s) so that this thread can be referred by users looking for similar answers in future.

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi @Capps 

Try the query:

status = Open AND assignee in (<username>)

in the above query, replace <username> with your username in Jira.

Check out following links for more details on JQL:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-764478330.html

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-14

Capps January 8, 2020

thanks @Deepanshu Natani 

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Hi Gary,

This query should work:

resolution = Unresolved AND assignee in (currentUser()) 
Capps January 8, 2020

thanks @Andrey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events