How to disable the "watch page" keyboard shortcut

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

We have found that many of our users are inadvertently watching the home page of the wiki. It turns out this is because many of them come to the home page and then attempt to search for something else. However, if they are not in the search box and start their search with "w" then they start watching the page. There is a small popup (bottom right corner of the page ... Confluence 5.5.6) to tell them they are now watching the page, but many are not seeing it. Is there a way that we can override the "w" shortcut key to have it not watch pages. I would rather not have to disable all shortcut keys to achieve this. I would be open to a JavaScript/config file tweaking/coding solution to remap it if necessary ... or if it's even possible.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Hi,

I think you can disable the shortcut in the watch button plugin. Go to manage add-ons, then select system add-ons and look for "Confluence Watch Button". Click the + button to show the 3 modules and the last one is the keyboard shortcut. Try disabling it.

Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2015

Amazing tip! Kudos to Atlassian for using modules correctly.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you much sir.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events