How to disable space email notifications for new and all users?

We're using Confluence 6.1.3 (on-premises). All of our users are LDAP users--there is no user sign-up/registration. It seems whenever a user views a space for the first time, they are automatically set up to receive email notifcations for everything on the space. Is there a way to change this default behavior? We would like to make it to users must sign-up to receive email notifications, not get them by default. And, is there a way to update this for all existing users so they don't have to update their email notification preference themselves? Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 06, 2017

The users can deselect Autowatch in their profile to disable "Pages and blog posts that you create, edit or comment on will automatically be watched for future changes."

I regret to report that there is no setting to disable Autowatch globally.

Hello,
is there already a possibility to configure the user mail notification globally?
Users get some email notifications by default, but most of them do not want them. For example "recommended content".

Are there any other ways, plugins, that can hold back this notification?

Thanks

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Apr 19, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Most email settings are not configurable via plugins or global administration but the recommended content email you mention is configurable.

For details on email notifications in general, please see Email Notifications

To see how to turn off (disable plugin) or configure the recommended content email please review: Configuring the Recommended Updates Email Notification.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

208 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you