How to disable/hide Create Child Page

Pavan Kumar January 3, 2017

I am trying to run an instance of Confluence running on version 5.8.9 in read-only mode. Actually there is another instance of Confluence and I have to merge these 2 instances. For next few days the old Confluence should be running in the read-only mode. I have quite a few entries for disabling editing of pages, attachments, hiding of Create Page button etc.. but I am not able to find How to disable/hide Create Child Page.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
indra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2017

Disable/hide Create Child Page in space level to custom configuration changes made it.

Go to Space tools --> select Configure sidebar -->select page tree radio button .

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2017

Unfortunately Page Edit Restrictions don't inherit so you have to apply them page-by-page.

but you can put a Page View Restriction on the top page to just yourself until you've finished fiddling

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

Or keep it far more simple and just remove all add/edit permissions from the spaces.  You won't need to fiddle with any "disabling" of stuff.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events