Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete pages?

Mario Tacke July 24, 2017

I'm a site admin for our Atlassian account (site-admins, administrators groups) but I cannot seem to find a way to delete a page anywhere in the app. Neither the detail view nor the pages/spaces overview gives any kind of direction as to how to accomplish this.

Am I really that blind? How do you delete a page from Confluence? The docs do not help. It states:

Deleting all versions of a page

To delete a page:

Go to the page and choose Tools > Delete. Confirm the action as prompted.
Note: The 'Delete' option will only appear if you have permission to delete this page.

I'm a site admin, what other permissions to I need?

menu.png

EDIT

After much digging and help from Nic and Ann, I was able to find a way to do it. For anybody in the future:

1. Go to Confluence
  2. Click "Settings" (not "Site Administration")
  3. Under "Users & Security" click "Space Permissions"
  4. Under "Individual Spaces" click "Recover Permissions" for the space you need permissions to.
  5. Edit Permissions

References

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf56/deleting-a-page-658736993.html

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

Site admin gives you admin rights.  Delete is not an adminstration task, it belongs to the space.

Go to the space permissions and give yourself delete rights, then try again.

Delete is not an adminstration task [...]

That seems like a very counter-intuitive statement to me. I appreciate your guidance though. I was finally able to find the option after much digging. Thank you!

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

It sounds like you are using our Cloud offering and you need space permissions on the space where the page is. For instructions to check your space permissions please see: Space Permissions Overview

Here is what the ellipses menu looks like for me on my Cloud Confluence:

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 12.04.20 PM.png

Thanks Ann. With your and Nic's help I was able to dig through the configuration and give myself access. I find it very counter intuitive for an admin to not have rights to do certain things. Even more so because I can grant myself access. I wonder what the reasoning for a feature like this would be...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

The rights for doing things should always be separated out.  Especially the "view" - an admin with 1,000 projects or spaces doesn't tend to care about most of them most of the time.  It's also a security risk, and a nightmare when trying to debug a permission if you're working with an account that "can do everything".  Admin should mean admin, and project/space level project/space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events