How to delete or archive a page in a specific space?

Rahul Singh May 23, 2024

Hi, 

I have now my access level on Confluence updated to an org. admin. 

However, I am still not able to delete any articles in my team's space, nor, I can edit the title of the space. 

Please help and advise on priority as this is time-consuming and not user-friendly.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2024

Hi @Rahul Singh , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question.

Org admin level permission doesn't necessarily mean you have permission at the Space level to delete a page.

As a product admin for Confluence, it should be possible for you to gain the permission to delete a page in the Space like this - image.png

From the Confluence settings, go to the Security section, then Space permissions. You can either add yourself to the default space permissions or manage the permissions to the Space where you need to delete the page directly, as I am indicating in this screen.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers

Rahul Singh May 23, 2024

Hi Valerie, 

Thanks for the answer. 

But, I made all the changes but, was still unable to archive articles or delete articles in the "Product Support" space. I have even added jira-administrators group and enabled everything in the default space permissions section but of no use. 

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 3.41.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 3.43.30 PM.png

Am I missing something? 

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh

Valerie Knapp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2024

Hi @Rahul Singh , thanks for your feedback.

In this screen, you need to scroll down a bit under where the 'Default space permissions' are to find the 'Individual spaces' section, and from there, click on the 'Manage Permissions' link to the 'Product Support' space. image.png

In this screen, you appear to be in your Personal Space, which, from what you have written, is not where the content is that you want to delete

image.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rahul Singh May 23, 2024

Thank you, Valerie. This worked. I appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh

Like Valerie Knapp likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders