Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize the display options of a linked jira ticket?

Marc Blumrich March 31, 2022

I am linking a jira ticket on a confluence wiki page and it shows:

Type Icon, ID, Summary and Status.

I would like to customize that and add a custom field/columen.

I know how to customize a table, but the option is not present for linking a single ticket unfortunately. Is that maybe something more global?

Thanks

Marc

2 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

@Marc Blumrich ,

Once the custom field is in jira , you can use the Jira filter macro and insert that ticket. While inserting the Macro gives you the display options. You can choose whichever field you would like. Below screenshot has that info .

Screenshot 2022-04-01 at 8.55.52 PM.png

I hope the above info helps. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Marc Blumrich April 7, 2022

Hi @Srinatha T 

thank you for your response!

Unfortunately the "Columns to display" selection only works when displaying the item link as "table", right?
But what I want is to customize the displayed fields/info when the Display Option "Display as Single Item" is selected.

I hope that clarifies my question, if not please let me know.

It seems that when the "Display as Single Item" is chosen, the link appearing on the wiki page does contain certain fields (such as "Status") so my guess is that somewhere it is defined (maybe in some code) how the "single item" link should look like.

Thanks,

Marc

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Marc Blumrich ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

You can add the fields whichever is available in jira ticket . So, first you have to add that custom field in jira, once you have added that you can display the same in confluence. 

Below URL will help you to create custom field in Jira.

I hope above info helps. Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events