How to customize advanced or global search in Confluence?

Ekaterina Mochalova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2019

Hello everybody!

My name is Kate, I'm a technical writer and 80% of my time I spend in Confluence (server version 6.9).

All my colleagues use global (or advanced) search in Confluence. You can see this field in the right corner of a top navigation bar. But there is a problem - this advanced search shows you EVERYTHING, but not exactly what you are looking for :) 

So here is my question - has anyone tried to configure this global search? For example, I would like to exclude some spaces and all attachments from global search. Maybe it's even possible to configure filters in a global search page? For example, you go to the global search page and some filters have been already chosen by default. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hello Ekaterina,

Thank you for suggesting this. The search feature cannot be configured, but we have a feature request for this which has quite a few votes:

As a workaround, you could add the Livesearch Macro to a page and restrict the search that way.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events