How to create text on Confluence page that doesnt display when published?

Merve Nur Sevinç May 2, 2024

I would like to put some placeholder text as we have in the Confluence meeting notes template and to be able to edit it.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 155244.png

As you see, once it is published there is no text visible on display. How can I do that?

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2024

Hi @Merve Nur Sevinç,

Confluence doesn't have a dedicated "placeholder text" macro readily available anymore, especially in newer versions (post-September 2023).  

Bevore that time, you could simply create a new template and add a placeholder. This function is not available anymore. 

That's why you can't add new placeholders, but on old templates, it's still visible in the edit mode. 

Merve Nur Sevinç May 9, 2024

Hi Patricia, 

Thanks for your reply. I attempted to modify the existing placeholders, but unfortunately, it didnt work. Do you happen to know of any plugins or tools that could help with this? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2024

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do here.

The whole point of placeholder text is that it is there to guide the author of a page fill in the right thing when creating or editing the page, and then not be seen when published.

Merve Nur Sevinç May 9, 2024

Exactly Nic,

We aim to enhance our new pages by incorporating placeholders that provide clear guidance on the required information for each blank space. Do you maybe know any macro's or plug-ins to do that? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events