How to create sub/excerpt tables from a larger Confluence table

Clarissa Helps May 24, 2017

I have an enourmous table in Confluence, native to Confluence at the moment.

The table consists of information similar to this. (I hope this table displays moderately well)

Item            / Responsible Team               / Status

Headlights / Plastics, Electronics, Design / Ready for testing

Car seats   /  Design, Interior, Fabrics      /  [JIRA X-01] bug found, testing blocked

I want to be able to filter this table based on the teams. Since multiple teams are in 1 column, I am wondering if it is possible to create a table that pulls from this one and just lists everything related to Design, or everything related to Plastics. I'm willing to change the team names from plain text to some kind of pointer, if it helps.

Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Nelia Miller November 15, 2022

Is there a way to do this for free, or only with the paid plugins?

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2017

Hello Clarissa,

You can insert this table using Page Include macro or Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros into another page, wrap Include macro with Table Filter macro, set filters and hide filtration pane if needed.

Steven Jacon July 6, 2018

Hello Andrey,

I would like to try this method too, but i get an error:

"Error while generating placeholder. Is the server available?"

I use Excerpt Include for the table, but it don't want to work.

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2018

Hello Steven,

Did you use Excerpt macro on the source page? Excerpt Include macro works in pair with Excerpt macro.

Steven Jacon July 6, 2018

Yes, i found the solution.

I have to set first the Table Filter and set the Excerpt Include macro inside it.

Simon Kirby April 25, 2019

Thanks for the combination of plugins to achieve table filtering :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events