Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create "Read & Acknowledge" function on a page?

Ng Rachel May 24, 2023

I would like to activate the function of "read & acknowledge" for documentation, and add a list of viewers as recipients and have them check the "read" box once they have read the page. 

The confluence page I have is not restricted. I heard that I can enable "read & acknowledge" by right clicking the 3 dots button on the top right corner, then select "Add Workflow". However, I don't have "Add workflow" in my drop down menu so I'm guessing that's because im not the creator of this page? how can i edit this? 

When i got to "Restriction" of the page, it says "You're not allowed to change these restrictions. It's either due to edit restrictions on the page, or permissions settings for this space." but the page has "No restriction"

3 answers

0 votes
Jamie Esker _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2023

@Ng Rachel

I'm the Product Marketing Manager for Comala Read Confirmations. This is a standalone app for Cloud, so it's useful if you don't need all the bells and whistles that come with Comala Document Management. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our support team.  We'd love to help you out. 

Jamie 

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Ng Rachel welcome to Community,

My hunch is that you are looking for a Comala feature since there is no native out of the box read & acknowledge feature, and the app haas a workflow option.

Contact your Confluence admin to ask if you have the app, and check out the Comala documentation to see if you need a specific role (for example Space admin) to be able to configure it.

0 votes
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2023

Make sure that you have the required permissions to modify page restrictions and workflows within the space where the page is located. Even if the specific page has "No restriction," the space itself may have restrictions that prevent you from modifying workflows. 
I hope this will help you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/permissions-and-restrictions-139557.html 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events