How to create pages for page tree structure

Yohan Courbe October 19, 2015

Dear all,

I'm looking for a way to create non clickable empty pages just to sort my page tree properly. Like for example

• Page
  • Head
    • Page
    • Page
    • Head
      • Page
      • Page
  • Page

Where I want to put content in Page but not in Head which is just used as title to have proper hierarchy and shouldn't be clickable. Right now I just create empty pages but I'm looking for a proper way to achieve that.

Thanks ahead 

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

My first reaction was to give an answer that explains how to import a whole page structure from a word file. But reading the question I am not sure I really understand what is meant:

• What are non clickable pages?
  • Is that something cloud specific?
  • Can you do word imports with the cloud version?
  • Is all that just about a page structure where some pages are children of others or is it about something else?

Yohan Courbe October 20, 2015

Hello Steffen, Thanks for your time. Sorry if my question is confusing: my point is that now if I want to structure my pages on the page tree, I create an empty page "parent" and then create "children" pages under it. It's working, but my problem is that the parent page is a clickable link on the page tree while there is no content, the page is empty, it's just there for the structure. I hope I'm more clear now ! Thanks !

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

Okay, as far as I know that is just the way it works in confluence. Confluence doesn't have directories. If you want to create a hierarchy you must do as you described: with parent pages and children. And the parent page will still be a normal page and clickable, even if you only use it as a container for its children. I don't know a way to make these pages non clickable

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events