How to create page templates in Confluence 4.0

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

Since in 4.0 the wiki editor was disabled as far as I know, how can I create a page template with certain complexity since it only works with wiki markup?

In 3.5 I created the page and after making sure that it was OK I copied the wiki markup to the template window. But now I can t do that.

Any suggestion?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

Put your wiki markup into a text editor and keep that current as you iterate. Then copy and paste it into the Wiki markup macro and you can see how it will be rendered. When satisfied, copy and paste from the text file into the template.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2011

Thank you for the tip.

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2016

Hi,

If you are using Confluence 5.6.3 or higher, then our Add-on Page Tree Creator could be an option.

Our Add-on Page Tree Creator works a bit different than the Confluence blueprints / templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages and can have entire page trees. Start the process by clicking a button or choosing the menu item, fill out the form and the page tree gets created.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2011

You might also be interested in voting/watching this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFDEV-526 for implementing the new editor in page templates.

Andre van der Elst November 20, 2011

I've upgraded Confluence yesterday, and the first question one of my users asked is: how do I create a template ?

Instead of implementing the new editor in templates, isn't it easier to add a 'Tools -> create template from current page' option ?

Keeping the template in a seperate file as wiki-markup is a really bad workaround. Also, there seems to be no easy way to tell which wiki markup codes exist.

Andre van der Elst November 20, 2011

and I would love to comment on the issue, but when I try to access it I get an Permission Denied message.

Are these requests only acted upon when voted for ?

Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2011

The correct issue for this is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-11744

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events