How to create page properties macro using REST API?

Nitesh yadav January 3, 2022

I am following the API reference given below:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/api-group-content-properties/#api-wiki-rest-api-content-id-property-post

But, the example is not well-crafted. I am not getting how to pass my content in the page properties macro and nothing present about "value" keyword.

Basically I want to create a Table as page properties in the confluence page so that I can link it to some other page. For testing purpose the payload that I am using is given below:

```

payload = {
        "key""spiderman_test1",
        "value":[],
        "body": {
            "storage": {
                "value""<p>Enjoy the API</p>",
                "representation""storage",
            }
        }
    }

```

But it didn't reflected any change on the actual page.

Please help me out in what should be the payload for this api. Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hi @nitesh yadav 

I'm not sure, whether you can just update a table with confluence REST API.

What I would do is: 

1. Get the actual Content
  2. Change the content
  3. Put back the content

Your payload code needs the storage value of a page. Would be something like this

"body":{"storage":{"value":"<ac:structured-macro ac:name=\"details\" ac:schema-version=\"1\" data-layout=\"default\" ac:local-id=\"4d09c679-fc74-42e0-b299-b42b0f2374d6\" ac:macro-id=\"9aaba42d-3e46-49e5-92e2-de133b81965f\"><ac:rich-text-body><table data-layout=\"default\" ac:local-id=\"ea2f8c8e-ec48-49ab-bc8e-3d635f6fc357\"><colgroup><col style=\"width: 226.67px;\" /><col style=\"width: 226.67px;\" /><col style=\"width: 226.67px;\" /></colgroup><tbody><tr><th><p><strong>Test</strong></p></th><th><p><strong>test</strong></p></th><th><p><strong>test</strong></p></th></tr><tr><td><p>a</p></td><td><p>b</p></td><td><p>c</p></td></tr><tr><td><p>d</p></td><td><p>e</p></td><td><p>f</p></td></tr></tbody></table></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>","representation":"storage"

Hope this helps

Regards, Dominic

0 votes
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2022

Just as a general tip: if you're working with page or space properties a lot, I can recommend the Property Inspector by Lively Apps. It's a free app that lets you view and edit properties in a UI. Quite helpful for debugging and changing pages to use the old editor. :)

EDIT: Whoops, I think you were talking about the Page Properties Macro and not about Page Properties? If that's the case: please ignore my answer.

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events