Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new pages in edit-mode?

Florian Kondert August 22, 2019

Hi!

I used to be familiar with Confluence in 2012. Forgot a lot of stuff and much changed as well. Now I'm back and use the new cloud version for the moment.

My issue:

Since I already spent time without results on the web to understand, how to create a new (child) page, while editing content in another page, I'm placing the question here as well. 

Example: 

• I'm in edit-mode of page X to create a new overview page.
  • While writing, I also want to create a number of child pages for later detail work. Like this (Methods | Stories | etc.):

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-22 um 09.02.27.pngI remember there was very useful command to do this on the fly without saving the current page, and then creating the child pages with "c" afterwards peace by peace.

Would appreciate your support a lot to save me a lot of time and clicks ;)

Thank you very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Hello Florian,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

I have to say that I have been working with Confluence for nearly as long as you have, but I don't remember a feature like that. The one feature that it does sound like is creating Undefined Page Links. With Undefined Page Links, you can refer to pages in Confluence that don't yet exist. Once you save the page, you will be able to click on the undefined page links that you have created. By clicking on them, it prompts you to create a page with that page name.

Unfortunately, this feature does not exist in Confluence Cloud. We have a feature request for that below:

Please vote on the feature if this is what you were looking for, and let me know if you have any questions about it.

Regards,

Shannon

Florian Kondert August 26, 2019

Hi Shannon,

your description is exactly, what I meant – sorry for the bad initial description. 

And it fits totally to my remembering, since last time I used Confluence, it was Server-based. Here we go ;)

Thanks so much for stoping me here wondering how to find that feature!

Best

Florian

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Florian,

You're welcome!

If you still have the old editor you can probably still use that feature on those pages, but not on any of the New Editor pages. The feature I sent you is to include it in the new editor.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Florian Kondert August 26, 2019

all new setup, unfortunately (with regards to this feature).

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events