How to create jira issue from confluence table and auto update confluence table with issue links

Andy Creech August 30, 2019

Hi All,

When I create Jira issue from a confluence table, links to the created Jira issues are not updated/added automatically inline into the Confluence table. Back in 2013, this was demoed by Atlassian and was part of the reason we decided to use Jira and Confluence together (Confluence Video).

We are using Jira Software classic projects on Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud. We have linked the project to the confluence site and have the text pop-up in the profile enabled. I am able to create the Jira issues from the table, just not getting the reference update in Confluence. When I add the Jira issue manually to confluence, the Mention In section on the Jira ticket is updating. 

Any help would be a boon for us as we have hundreds of requirements and need to maintain a tracebility matrix as we move forward with out processes. 

@David Ennis

@Angie Platten 

@Lilly Vu  

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2019

Hi! 

Do you mean integration works in one way ?

Cheers,

Gonchik

Andy Creech August 31, 2019

I don’t believe that is he intention, but that is what is happening. The Jira issues are created from the table in confluence Cloud, but not information about the tickets is updated or logged in the originating Confluence table or page. Based on the video above and other videos demos of the two tools, that is not how it is supposed to work.

Yoram Landau February 11, 2020

I am having the exact same problem. Have you been able to figure it out?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events