How to create frameset for documentation (navigation pane + content pane)

Katherine Enos October 4, 2018

I would like to create an easily navigable page for a document. I want a navigation pane on the left, and when the links in it are clicked, I want the content to appear in the right pane.

I have so far broken the content up onto different Confluence pages but am dissatisfied with that as an easily navigable solution.

If Confluence would take it, I could also generate an HTML build in Paligo and bring it into a layout, but I don't think that's possible.

I don't seem to see a plug-in to do this either.

Anyone familiar with how this can be done?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2018

Katherine,

To verify, according to your tags, this is for Confluence Cloud. Can you confirm?

With Confluence Cloud it isn't possible to modify the UI using HTML or CSS. You can review our Functional Differences in Confluence Cloud for more details.

I believe we also may need some clarification on what you require. Confluence already has a navigation panel on the left, but it seems like you want to add a 2nd one just for navigating a specific document. Would you be able to illustrate for us what you require exactly?

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events