How to create folders in confluence like we can create in google drive?

Rajul Jain July 1, 2021

How to create folders in confluence like we can create in google drive?

I wish to keep certain data on page under different folders to keep them segregated and quickly accessible

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Confluence is a wiki, not a document store like Google Drive.  As such, "folders" make no sense to it.  The focus is on pages, for which you can create a "tree", but each page simply holds attachments, there's no real use for attachment directories under pges.

Rajul Jain July 1, 2021

Thanks for reply, but yet my problem is not solved.

I am in legal services industry (primarily court litigations) where in along with collaboration and documentation,  sometimes we required the data to be tagged to its specific type and such documents are not few but many , therefore we require folders to keep them segregated on particular page and for comfortable look we need the folders to be pasted on the same page itself. How we can achieve that objective?

Like JJ likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

It's the same answer. 

You have moved from some (unamed) system to a Wiki.  Wikis are not document management systems, they're intended to be living systems, not archives of stuff people will never read again.

If you want a "folder" structure, that's fine, it's a good way to think, but to do it in a wiki, you need to think upwards.  Your page structure is your "folder" tree, not some arbitrary grouping of dead docs under each page.

In fact, the best thing you could do is import your documents properly, so that each document becomes an active and useful page within a tree (folders).

Charlie.Coverdale September 16, 2022

In the tree menu on the left Just drag one page on top of another page and it becomes a "sub-page".

Like # people like this
Маржан Аманжолова
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

thanks for the answer!!!

JJ
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 14, 2024

@Charlie.Coverdale thanks for giving an actual useful answer!

0 votes
JJ
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 14, 2024

Per @Charlie.Coverdale's reply on the accepted answer:

In the tree menu on the left Just drag one page on top of another page and it becomes a "sub-page".

Thanks for not gate-keeping like the other guy.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2024

<sigh>

He just expanded on

"The focus is on pages, for which you can create a "tree", but each page simply holds attachments" and "Your page structure is your "folder" tree" 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events