How to create an anchor

Lea Sauer January 5, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Anchors

I struggle to create an anchor within a page in my personal space. The anchor symbol shows in the editing mode. When I press "save" it does not show in the viewing mode. What am I doing wrong? If you answer, please do not just refer to the "how to create an anchor help page". I followed the instructions there...

4 answers

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

Hi Lea,

Why will you see anchor symbol while viewing page. The main function of anchor macro is to scroll to any part of page where the text is linked to anchor name.

Test-Anchors.PNG

Create-Anchor-Link.PNG

• You will not see anchor symbol in view mode.

view-mode.PNG

Regards

Chander

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

You won't see any indication that there is an anchor in "view" mode.

Does the anchor reappear when you go back to edit mode?

Does a hyperlink to the anchor work?

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

This is not a direct answer to the original question, but I believe it could help the author. I am the author of Requirement Yogi. It is only available for Confluence Server.

I've had difficulties with anchors too and I couldn't use them to link to specific places in requirement documents. Therefore I've created Requirement Yogi. The principle is simple: You can insert a requirement macro in the text, assign it a key, and you can reference this key from other places. When clicking on a reference, it jumps to the anchor in the original text.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2016

Hi @Lea Sauer

You would not normally see the anchor on the display when you save the page but if you inspect the page source you should see that it is present. 

I have an example here where an anchor is on the heading Tangible Benefits in the document entitled ROI.

<h3 id="ROI-tangibleTangibleBenefits">

<span class="confluence-anchor-link" id="ROI-tangible"></span>

Tangible Benefits

</h3>

For clarity I have split the row up to show the different elements. The interesting point is the <span class="confluence-anchor-link"... which is what gets inserted to mark an anchor.  Then if you wish to link to this anchor you can.

Regards

Phill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events