How to create a wiki page in Confluence?

Nelly van der Marel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2021

How do you create aan wiki page in Confluence? Is this a "normal" page? 

Do I need to transform a normal page into a wiki page by inserting confluence-wiki-mark-up?

On your website is not clear how to create a wiki page.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Confluence is a wiki, all the pages are wiki pages.

But it looks like you are thinking about wiki markup - that is no longer used by Confluence, although the editor does accept it as shortcuts (it understands it and transforms it into the storage format it now uses)

On server there are wiki-markup macros that allow you to type in markup inside them, and it won't transform it, but when saved, render it correctly.  So you can create pages with them, wrapping the entire content of the page if you want to.

Cloud does not have markup macros.

0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2021

Hi, Nelly! Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I believe what you want to do is publishing your page to the public so that customers and anonymous users can access it and read it.

If that's the case, you can find the info in this docu https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/make-a-space-public-829076202.html

Otherwise please give us more info on what you intend to do :)

Nelly van der Marel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2021

I want a wikipage like wikipedia so users can write and tribute their knowledge on a certain subject. 

For example in SharePoint you can add a wikipage. Is that also possible in Confluence or is this a page with confluence-wiki markup?

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2021

Are the users that you want as contributors inside your organization and do they have a Confluence license?

If the answer to both questions is yes, then you don't need to do anything besides making sure that the permissions for that space and page allow users to read and edit.

Are you using Confluence Cloud or Server/Data Center?

Here you have docu for Confluence Cloud on managing permissions (should be done based on groups, but you can use a catch-all group like confluence-user for general access pages).

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/assign-space-permissions/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events