cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a personnal space in the name of an other user

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Dear all,

In our policy we do not give acces to user to create their personnal spaces in order to be pragmatic and avoid phantom space when there left or they do not really use them.

As an other option, is there a way that me ( as admin), I could create personnal space on demand for a particluar user ? Or space can be only created by user itself ?

Thanks for help

regards

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

You can't create a personal space for another user directly.

You would have to enable "people can create their own personal space", get the user to use the option, then disable it again.

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Hi @serge calderara Yes you can create a space for user, and just add permissions to that individual user on that space. But, if you give space admin permissions to the user, he/she can add another users to the space and add/modify permissions in that space which you don't want. 

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

@Kishan Sharma I am not willing to create a normal space for user but instead a PERSONNAL space which is different.

Personnal space key when create are particular set with ~username

If I miss understood thanks to let me know how in detail in order that the space is created in similar way then if I sleect Add Personnal space from user profile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events