Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a get and post form Confluence requirement template?

Abhijith koni February 7, 2020

Hello Atlassin Team,

I have been trying to create a dynamic get-post form of Business Requirement Template in Confluence and I have succeeded partially in it. Although I could not be able to create a template as per our expectations.

Our Requirement is,

To create a template, which will be used by someone, who will be able to input the data and save the data under a requirement name. And when he wants to update the same document again, it should allow him to update the same document from where he was stopped as in the template form.

The issue I am facing,

The temple, i.e. the Tabs, Text fields, Dates and other Macros will be available to input only once during first input and once I save it with a name during the first input it will be saved like a page. And if I ever want to open and edit the same, it will take me into the page where I designed the template(where I have tab, date, expand macros) and not into the template which I was updated previously.

"I want the person who is using this template, should not be able to see the backend Tabs, Expand macros, etc. It should allow him to update previously saved details in the template format itself, not on the page where I have the actual structure of the template."

Kindly check my attached screenshots and understand my problem and please revert for any clarifications.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Hi

Sounds like you really need something like a form on your page. This is not something standard what Confluence has out of the box. Template variables work only on create and become the static values of the page contents, in contrast to what you need and what forms plugins offer

There are few plugins that can help you there https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=confluence&query=forms

One of them is ours - ConfiForms. Feel free to try and if you have any question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Abhijith koni February 12, 2020

Thanks, Alex for the answer.

I will reach you out for queries in the future.

0 votes
Abhijith koni February 12, 2020

Hi Alex,

I have a few doubts over suggested ConfiForms please have look.

1. Will this suit my requirements mentioned earlier?

2. Can I integrate this into a template and reuse that template? 

3. Can we integrate this inside a template containing tabs?

4. If I am able to integrate ConfiForm and if I want to update data, that was previously updated via template having ConfiForms, will the Confluence allow me to update from where I was stopped?

5. So if I want to update some requirements again from the saved one, will I be able to update in the transition tabs(Not like page contains actual tab macros)

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

I really cannot evaluate the app for you - you can try it out. It is absolutely free

Tabs and containers of any sort in new Confluence editor is a "no go" - it simply doe snot support nesting bodied macros. So, I have my doubts about the "tabs" - which plugin do you plan to use for that?

As for the ConfiForms - you can have a form configured on some page and then used in your template (FormView + DataView via ConfiForms views macros, like TableView or something). You can update the data in the form from the created page (which was created from your template). That is what you wanted, right? And could not do with Confluence templates...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events