How to create a file in a Confluence file share page using Excel VBA?

Richard Fraser December 11, 2019

I already have an Excel spreadsheet that has VBA code to extract page data and create a file in a local folder of my choosing - and that works fine.

What I want to do is to create that same file, and write to it, using VBA within this same spreadsheet, but directly onto our Confluence Fileshare (not Jira).

For local file creation it is simple, with just a few lines of code

Has anybody done this and can share the VBA code please? Or suggest how I should do it?

At present, I will have to manually upload my locally created files to the fileshare

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Just to clarify are you trying to write to a Confluence page using VBA?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Or are you trying to write to a shared folder on your Confluence server? I'm just a bit confused because there are no fileshares on Confluence Cloud. So, I'm not totally sure which you are trying to do.

Richard Fraser December 13, 2019

Apologies - fileshare was just a general term.

I mean to be able to create a file and write to it on the fly in a shared folder - so that others can then read it.

Same as I can do to my local laptop/PC drive (but then have to upload to that same shared folder so they can read it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events