Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a dynamic get-post template ?

Abhijith koni February 7, 2020

Hello Atlassin Team,

I have been trying to create a dynamic get-post form of Business Requirement Template in Confluence and I have succeeded partially in it. Although I could not be able to create a template as per our expectations.

Our Requirement is,

To create a template, which will be used by someone, who will be able to input the data and save the data under a requirement name. And when he wants to update the same document again, it should allow him to update the same document from where he was stopped as in the template form.  

The issue I am facing,

The temple, i.e. the Tabs, Text fields, Dates and other Macros will be available to input only once during first input and once I save it with a name during the first input it will be saved like a page. And if I ever want to open and edit the same, it will take me into the page where I designed the template(where I have tab, date, expand macros) and not into the template which I was updated previously. 

"I want the person who is using this template, should not be able to see the backend Tabs, Expand macros, etc. It should allow him to update previously saved details in the template format itself, not on the page where I have the actual structure of the template."

Kindly check my attached screenshots and understand my problem and please revert for any clarifications.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Hello Abhijith,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

What you are describing is a Blueprint in Confluence.

Since a Blueprint requires an extra set of instructions in order to work, it's something you need to develop for Confluence and install, like an add-on.

For more information on developing Blueprints, have a look below:

If you have any trouble with that, I recommend you take a look at our Atlassian Developer Resources page where you can find a link to our Atlassian Developer Community, among other useful resources.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events