Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a customized Table of Contents in a Confluence space?

Amy O'Neal August 14, 2017

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a customized Table of Contents for a Confluence space (not a  TOC macro on a page, but for an entire space), that meets the following requirements:

- It is auto-updated
- It details what are 'new' pages within the space, and when they were added
- shows when the pages were last updated

- shows which pages were most recently updated

If so, it would be great to know how to customize a space to meet these requirements...thansk for any answers!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Please check out these two macros:

Recently Updated Macro

Activity Stream Macro

I look forward to hearing whether either of them suits your use case.

Thanks, but I'm actually speaking to the page tree navigation on the right side...anyway we can visually indicate which pages are new, or which were updated recently?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Here is an example of a recently updated macro on the right side:

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 2.39.23 PM.png

Do you mean the sidebar on the left, where it says Overview, Pages, Blog, etc? If so, and you are in Cloud, that content is no longer customizable (Deprecating custom content in the space sidebar) but if you are running your own instance you can add macros to the sidebar using wiki markup.

Apologies, yes I meant left....yes we do run our own instance...do you happen to know if wiki markup a built in feature, or do we need to do something to access? 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2017

It's built in. You don't have to enable anything, etc.

You may use the wiki markup example at the bottom of the linked page, changing the author name and space name as appropriate.

The tricky part is, it's not under Configure Sidebar. You have to go to Space Tools>Look and Feel>Sidebar, Header and Footer, then paste the wiki markup in the sidebar section.

Amy O'Neal August 15, 2017

Hi Ann, Thanks again for this information.  When I click on space tools dropdown on the bottom of the left sidebar, I do not see Look and Feel as an option?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2017

It should be there if you have admin permissions on the space:

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 2.24.48 PM.png

If you are the administrator of the instance you can add your permissions to the space at Confluence Admin>General Configuration>Space Permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events