Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Space Template using Confluence OnDemand

Robin Vessey February 27, 2014

Hi I want to be able to create a "new project" space template that includes some standard pre-setup pages and contains a set of specific templates that we use.

I'm using the OnDemand and I have been through https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Write+a+simple+Confluence+Space+Blueprintwhich appears be be what I want BUT either I'm missing something obvious OR it doesn't work for OnDemand.

Does anyone have the idiots guide to creating a space template for Confluence OnDemand?

4 answers

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Confluence Command Line Interface : You can use copySpace or the techniques from How to create pages from template pages can be used to easily create spaces with pre-defined content.

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

It's currently not possible to create Space Templates on OnDemand. A workaround might be to create a space which has all the pages that you would normally add to the Space Template.

Export that space, edit the export data using this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Copy+or+Rename+a+Space+in+Confluence

Everytime you'd like to create new space instead import the edited export.

I've never tested this and I don't take any responsibilities if anything goes wrong

0 votes
Raphael Allegre March 25, 2016

Hi Bill,

Any updates/news regarding this topic?

I'm evaluating the option to have a space template for each customer project my company is working on so that all spaces are consistent...

Still figuring it out if it's better to have one space per project or 1 space for multi projects...

Thanks for your help

Raphael

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014
I'm the Product Manager for Confluence and would love to hear how you structure your project space and what content you put into it. If you're keen to share please email me at bill at atlassian. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events