Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Table of Tables?

AJAY DANDGE January 18, 2023

Hoe to create Table of Tables in a Confluence page? After importing a word document containing table of tables and table of figures, both tables got converted to Table of content. Now the imported document has 3 TOC with same information. 

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Comco October 18, 2023

You can actually do it with a little bit of savvy.  Technically, it's using the Table of Contents widget multiple times.

For example, suppose my primary document uses Headings 1-3 and paragraph for the body.  I can set up one Table of Contents widget, click and edit it (in edit mode) and set the Minimum and Maximum Heading Levels to 1 and 3, resp.

Then for my Table items, I use Heading 4 for their section labels and add a SECOND Table of Contents widget with its Min/Max Heading Levels set to 4.

Voila, a Table of Tables!

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

Hi @AJAY DANDGE and welcome to the community,

Confluence tables do not provide such functionality unfortunately. I don't think that you can create a table of tables.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events