How to create Request and Response template like Confluence Developers page?

Danilo de Nadai Sicari December 5, 2021

Hello Folks! I wonder if I can create an example of request and response in my confluence page like Confluence Developers Guide page has: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-users/#api-rest-api-2-user-get

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

I'm pretty sure that https://developer.atlassian.com/ is not hosted on Confluence. Or more specifically the API reference pages. I can't quite figure out whether it's a product or home-grown. 

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

So, while you could get some of the tab functionality using add-ons like @Dave Liao noted, I thought you might be looking for a more complete solution that can generate API request/response examples directly from specs/documentation that is checked-in alongside code.

As I suspected, that kind of functionality is built on proprietary code that Atlassian has written:

Is the Rest API documentation tool used by Atlassian Open-source?

Unfortunately not yet. The developer.atlassian.com team wrote it all in React and it’s based, directly, on OpenAPI spec files. We even wrote the schema explorer from scratch. We also make good use of oas-kit and react-markdown.

If you are looking for a way to do something similar to this within Confluence, there are several apps that will allow you to include Swagger / OpenAPI documentation on your Confluence site:

Anyways, hope this helps.

Like Dave Liao likes this
1 vote
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

@Danilo de Nadai Sicari - hi Danilo!

There are various tab add-ons on the Marketplace that could replicate what's seen on Atlassian's Developer site.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events