How to correctly add a horizontal scrollbar to a table in Conf Cloud?

Grant Taylor-Hill August 18, 2021

We're embedding a table with a non-exhaustive column count, but the horizontal scrollbar seems to be very buggy.

One user was able to consistently generate an automatic scrollbar simply by dragging the columns beyond the side of the table, but it was a temporary fix.

Now, users on both Apple and Windows products, using a variety of browsers, cannot effectively generate the scrollbar. If the scrollbar does appear, it quickly vanishes again when another column is added. 

Any suggestions? 

scrollbar.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2021

Hi Grant,

Hope you're doing well!

I did some tests with tables using the fabric editor (aka new editor), but I'm able to consistently generate a horizontal scrollbar when having a certain number of columns in the table.

By default, the table shouldn't add automatically an horizontal scrollbar there, if the columns and the table itself are within the width of the page.

However, depending on the user screen width, the horizontal scrollbar may appear or not, based on some tests I have run locally.

I changed the page zoom on the browser, and depending on the size, the horizontal scrollbar would appear or disappear:

nozoom.pngzoom.png

Those are the same tables with the same number of columns, but only the Browser zoom changed there.

I'm using Chrome on a MacOS, but it also was seen to be working on Firefox as well.

With that in mind, even trying it on your browser, would you still get the issue with no scrollbar working for the tables?
Would you be able to share more details on how the table is inserted/configured on your page?
Like for example, The table is full width? The page width is also full?

I did the tests on both widths, but with a certain number of columns, I was still able to get the horizontal scrollbar.

Let us know if we missed any other configuration and if the zoom on the browser also works!

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Hitesh Jain March 23, 2022

Dear Jessica,

I am using bob swift tables and i am facing one issue.

the table has more than 100 rows and the horizontal scroll bar is visible right at the bottom of the table rather than the visible number of columns.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hitesh 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events